23 Apr How to Write A Reflection Paragraph in An Assignment?
Students have to do assignments and in some assignments they are asked to write reflective journals also. Writing a reflection requires critical thinking and students often find difficulties in the same. Reflection paragraph in an assignment is also sometimes added as part of the assignment requirement. Reflection paragraph is all about the experiences and learnings of the students from the assignment. Reflection paragraph in an assignment is like a golden opportunity to explore the self-knowledge and opinions. Instead of fearing from writing the reflection Paragraph in an assignment, you must grab this chance to develop and reinforce your critical writing skills. It is not just the conveying information or writing a summary of assignment, rather it is giving valuable meaning to your learnings and experiences.
Fill The Form – Get Assignment Help
How to write a reflective paragraph?
Writing a reflective paragraph requires student to think critically about the personal experiences, explore self-learning process and think about the “why”, “how” and “so what” aspects. This is not just a summary of the assignment rather it is clear line of thoughts that the student has to express through relevant examples and analytical approach. When it comes to format of a reflection paragraph or reflection journal, there is no specific format as the writer is free to describe his or her opinions and thoughts. However, it is always recommended that some pointers should be clear in writer’s mind before writing the reflective paragraph.
- Make a plan: Plan the things and content you want to mention in the reflective paragraph. Planning will not only help you to stay on track but it will also guide you in conveying the ideas in proper pattern. Students often get swayed from the main purpose of the reflective paragraph writing and start just writing the reflective paragraph like summary. Planning will help to avoid this situation and you will stop making such lame mistakes.
- Think critically: This is very important note to be considered by students before start writing the reflective paragraph. Critical thinking is an art and practice is required to master it. The logical and rational connections between the ideas and opinions need to be developed while writing reflective paragraph and this can be done by becoming self-aware and by developing foresight. Instead of just talking about the positive experiences, you must also consider all the experiencesirrespective of its nature and should analytically represent your opinions and thoughts.
- Use of Gibb’s reflective cycle: Gibbs reflective cycle can be used to write the reflective paper or paragraph. It is a detailed cycle containing the step-by-step approach to write the reflective paragraph.
- Description: This is that stage of the cycle where the writer needs to explore about the “what” aspects. In this, analysis of what has happened and what is discussed in the assignment needs to be done so that insights can be gathered regarding the same. According to this, a brief introduction or background information needs to be given in the starting of the reflective paragraph. It should not contain any irrelevant information.
- Feelings: You have to describe your thoughts and feelings in this stage. After the description, start talking about your thoughts. Be realistic so that readers can sense the honesty in the writeup and this way they will get more connected.
- Evaluation: In this the feelings and thoughts are evaluated and the overall experience need to be discussed. The good and bad sides of the experience should be written by the writer.
- Analysis: The analysis is done from the individual point of view about the situation. Self-opinions are to be added. A link between the ideas should be created and contrasting views should also be considered. Examples can be used to support the ideas.
- Conclusion: Conclusion should add a note about what else could have been covered by you and a concluding statement about overall experience can be added.
Reflection is a very useful process and it helps to take a deep dive inside your own brain and your self-awareness improves. It demonstrates that you are able to understand the things and can critically develop inferences. Still if you want any kind of help in reflective paragraph writing, feel free to contact the team AWH anything. We are always on our toes to help you.