04 Jun 20 Great Topics for a Psychology Case Study-Psychology assignment help australia
A case study is defined as an in-depth study of an event, group or an individual. Much of the theories provided by the renowned psychologist Sigmund Freud are based on individual case studies. Case studies are carried out in the hope that the lessons and the learning gained from analysing one case can be generalized to many others that are similar to it. However, the case studies are highly subjective and therefore sometimes it gets difficult to generalize the results obtained from one case study to the larger population. But one of the greatest advantages of a case study is that the psychologists and researchers can investigate the events, groups and individuals under the settings that may become impossible to replicate in a lab.
In psychology, there are different types of case studies that may be used by the researchers. These include:
- Exploratory case study
An exploratory case study is mostly used as a prelude for further research on a topic. This provides the researchers with an opportunity to develop their research questions and hypothesis for an in-depth study.
Explanatory case study
The explanatory case studies are used to study and identify the factors that have caused certain event. This case studies are used for carrying out causal investigation by the researchers.
Fill The Form – Get Assignment Help
- Descriptive case study
A descriptive case study provides a theoretical description of the subject. The information gathered from this case study is added to the pre-existing theory on the subject.
- Intrinsic case study
The intrinsic case study in psychology in the case study where the researcher is personally involved and have a personal interest. Observation of their own family is an example of an intrinsic case study in psychology.
- Instrumental case study
The instrumental case study in psychology is carried out by the researcher to gain a better understanding of some event or phenomena that may be initially obvious to the people observing it.
- Collective case study
When a case study involves the study of a group of individuals in a certain setting or the study is done for an entire community of people, known as a collective case study.
Case studies can be a useful research tool but they need to be used wisely. In many cases, they are best utilized in situations where conducting an experiment would be difficult or impossible. They can be helpful for looking at unique situations and allow researchers to gather a great deal of information about a specific individual or group of people. If you have been directed to write a case study for a psychology course, be sure to check with your instructor for any specific guidelines that you are required to follow. This article presents 20 excellent topics that you can choose for a psychology case study. You can either select one of the topics from this list as it is to take inspiration from it to design one by yourself.
- What is the psychology of autistic children for their un-social behaviour?
- Effect of ignored cognitive development on the person.
- How society is the cause of major social psychological disorders?
- What makes a person reticent from society?
- What factors play into learning languages and language learning capabilities?
- What are some of the fundamental ways of parenting that have recently been cast a bad light by developmental psychology research?
- Why students show anti-social behaviour at the beginning of their development?
- Psychological diseases that can take birth due to ill mental health.
- Different stages and their symptoms in poor psychological health.
- Why some people are more obsessed with their opposite-sex parent?
- How should we treat people with ADHD within the family system?
- What are the underlying causes of prejudice and discrimination?
- What is the use of colour psychology in cognitive development studies?
- What makes phobias and their characteristics such a struggle to live with?
- How can cognitive therapy be used to treat anxiety disorders and panic attacks?
- What are the underlying factors that would cause someone to repressed parts of their memory?
- How can we more effectively measure the attention span of children?
- What are the best family therapy techniques for children with behavioural disorders?
- How can the learning disabilities of one member of the family affect the whole family unit?
- What complications can cancer prevention have for family functioning?
We hope that one of these psychology case study topics has provided you with the necessary inspiration. This list is not exhaustive and there is a multitude of questions that need to be answered in psychology. You should think about what inspires you and intrigues you as a student of psychology and build your case study with robust evidence and information. If you still find it challenge you can always take help from the online resources and assignment help providing websites. Assignment work help is one such website providing homework and assignment writing services for the student in Australia and all over the world. We provide reliable and top quality service and deliver excellent psychology essays, assignments, case studies, thesis and dissertation written by our learned and thoroughly experienced writers. Contact us today to get the best marks that you deserve and get professional help for your psychology case study writing.